Monday, June 2, 2014

Seashell Wreath and Pom-Pom Sun: A Summery Monday Made It

Welcome, June! I'm so very glad to see you! And I'm doubly glad that Tara has started her weekly Monday Made It series.  I probably won't be able to link up every week, but it definitely gives me something to look forward to!
I have one home and a few classroom made-it's today, all summer-themed.  Hope you're ready!

From a pile of forgotten knick knacks in my grandmother's garage came a beautiful wreath which now hangs on our front door.  I still have extra shells! 

It cost me $0: I had a wreath with ugly flowers that I ripped off, then placed the shells where I wanted them and hot-glued.  Voila!  Easy peasy lemon squeezy. 

Our bulletin board theme for May/June was "Step Into Summer."  I wanted to dress up my board so I added a tissue paper sun and tissue paper waves.  

To make the pom pom, I followed the instructions here, and just stapled rays behind.  It makes me smile!

I've been working hard getting ready for summer school- I'm not going to spend my vacation planning and prepping lessons! I'll be teaching the 3-5 graders, and we have a new ESL teacher (Hi Kim!) teaching the 1-2 graders.  So to help us both out, I planned some morning/independent work that can be projected while we pull small groups or individuals.  (And projected it will be, since we're on paper lockdown at my school!) There is a set for 3/4 and a set for 1/2.  Annnd I'm putting them on sale from tonight until Thursday night! Click either picture to check them out. 

That's all, folks!  Enjoy the rest of your week!


  1. Your bulletin board looks great! I have always wanted to make a wreath, but never have done it - yours looked like it was really easy.

  2. The wreath looks great, even better in person, though! I love the bulletin board, too, especially the sun and bright colors. Now, if it was only summer!

    Eclectic Educating


Thanks for the comment! I really appreciate it.