We are rolling right along in the land of ELL's! Here's a little glimpse into our week.
1. In first grade, we worked on short a words, and played a game similar to "Stomp the Number." I just make up these titles...I also just make up games off the top of my head most of the time! I showed the word, the kids read the word, we tossed it on the carpet, and then I had someone from the other team call a word out. Kids had to race to pick it up. So we had gym and literacy!
2. We are plugging along with counting and number recognition with my sweetie-pie newcomers. I am SO excited that they now say my name when they need something. It's a huge milestone! They are also really into music- they sing along to everything!! Here's the "flavor of the week" number song:
3. We learned Even and Odd this week...thank goodness for Brainpop. I heard, "Moby, yes!" a hundred times. We haven't learned "cool," "awesome" or "great" yet!
4. It was Christmas in October for my teaching partner and I when our books were delivered today! We ordered them in May. In MAY! Doesn't matter now...I have
5. While I don't love Halloween (can't tolerate scary) I do like decorating and I do LOVE a steal. This tree was $2.50 at Hallmark today! The silly little owl was twice as much! Behold, the extent of my Halloween decorations for our new house. I promise Christmas will be better!
I'm off to a going away party! What are you up to this weekend? Have a great one!