Or Linky Parade, as my husband calls it! Now that I type it, I think I like Linky Parade better...all your best ideas on parade. I'm a little late to the parade/party, but let's give it a shot!
1. I made the BEST sweet potatoe fries the other night. Here's the recipe:
Turn your oven to 400 degrees F. Peel and cut 2 sweet potatoes into strips about 1/2 inch thick. Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet prepared with alumnium foil. Toss with about 2 tbsp EVOO and 1 tbsp Papa Joe's salt (or other seasoning salt, but Papa Joe's is amazing!) and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until desired doneness.
2. My 3rd and 4th graders did "Author-Share" on Friday. They Work on Writing all week, then on Fridays I conference with them and send them back for edits. At the end of the period we all gather on the rug and whoever is reading can sit in my chair and share their stories. It is an absolutely wonderful 15 minutes. When they are done reading, the other students ask "Wh" questions, and I love it!
This was a very early Author-Share (maybe even the first one!). I quickly changed my lay-out to give them more leg-room.
3. I am going to see Les Miserables today (Saturday) with a friend! How is it?
4. Last night I made homemade pizza. I had the dough in the freezer, so it wasn't too time consuming, but I do make my own sauce. "No more WIRE HANGERS!" type of thing, but I'm not that crazy!
5. Coming up soon at my TPT shop is an Aesop's Fables unit for ESL. Included will be adapted stories for the Lion and the Mouse, the Ant and the Grasshopper, Fox and Grapes, and Reader's Theaters to go along with them.
Have a great weekend!